Sunday, May 2, 2010

Doctor Moneybags

Congratulations to Dr. $$$!

I feel that $$$ has had such a prominent role in shaping our department that he definitely deserves his very own blog post. Where should I start, I can go so many directions with this...hahahaH(evil laugh).

I can't really remember the first time I officially met $$$, but I can share many memories that I DO remember. For one thing, I think I didn't start to understand the real $$$ until I heard about his "side job." The first thought that ran through a lot of our minds when we heard this was, "Wow, how is this possible? This computer geek who talks passionately about phase field simulations AND he does that?" As part of the Mat Sci Dept., I felt so proud to know that there was someone actually like that - someone who was completely NOT the stereotypical engineering grad student.

Just to share some other memories:
-$$$ getting up on stage at the Karaoke bar singing (kinda) "Baby Got Back"
-$$$'s beer towers
-The infamous Halloween costume at Jon's that stained the walls and caused a raucous on MySpace
-$$$'s dance moves in Bo's "Dance Your PhD" YouTube video
-2007, Prospective Visit Weekend #2. $$$ leading the parade of prospectives to his apartment down Ridge, followed by the other Ian M. with the keg heaved over his shoulder...

There are many more, so let's take a moment to share our favorites!

All in all, $$$ will be greatly missed! He's the type of person that wants to have a good time and wants YOU to have a good time. Whatever the situation, he'll make it happen =)

Thanks, Dr. $$$, for many fun years!

No comments:

Post a Comment