Thursday, June 3, 2010

What Dreams May Come

Finals Week is coming up. What a stressful time, right? Oh wait, we don't have classes anymore! I can't even remember those days. To all you First/Second Years, good luck. You won't need it because your grades don't matter. lol.

Since we older people don't have classes anymore, I thought this would be an appropriate time to segue into the topic of dreams. Here's something I wrote awhile ago but didn't yet post, but now is the perfect time - esp. with all these tests coming up...

Last week I had a dream with a mat sci professor. Professor Hersam, to be exact. Now don't start getting the wrong idea...my office is right next door to his and I can hear his conversations at times through the connecting door, so it's natural that I see him a lot and of course there's a good probability he'll pop up in my dreams, right? Anyway, this isn't the first time I've had dreams with mat sci profs (don't ask about the others), but this one was particularly scary. In my dream, for some reason, qualified persons had to take another upper level quantum mechanics class...and I'm not talking 404 or 451 here. I'm talking crazy stuff, stuff that I can't even make up in my dreams because it is beyond human comprehension. So I'm sitting there, the test is about to begin, and we're all expected to take this test. No preparation, no cheat sheet, no nothing. I freak out and keep telling people that I am done with classes, I am qualified, I shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense anymore. But no one is listening to me! Ahhhh!!! And then I wake up...

...Sorry, not the best of dreams, but for everyone who is freaking out, don't. They'll most likely let you continue with this grad school thing. And for those of you who are already qualified, hope you don't have a dream like this ever. It's gotta be one of the worst feelings. Can you imagine having to take a class over, esp. Hersam's class?! Gasp! And finally, this brings up the question, Have you had any dreams with profs/mat sci people? Please do tell!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment