Thursday, June 3, 2010

MAT SCI VICTORY!

Congrats to the Men's Soccer Team! Awesome game! We finally got one! You won one for us all, although we all secretly wish we could get a t-shirt for ourselves.

Highlights of the game (I apologize for not giving a live update):
-The Mat Sci Fan Club section
-Mat Sci Domination for almost all of the game
-A lengthy discussion of "good idea"
-Prof. Shull's appearance along with the 2 cuties!
-SLP girl, of course there for Olivier
-many awesome shots, precise passing, and sexy playing by our men
-And last but not least, 2 totally awesome goals, 1st one by ___, a slow roller, and 2nd one by Wei, headed in by the other team and well out of reach.

GREAT JOB GUYS! Pictures and possibly video may be posted soon (DCarvy?).

2 comments:

  1. _James_ scored the first goal.

    Its the second soccer championship for James and Daniel. They won in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank the MatSci Fan Club section for your support. I didn't actually manage to see who showed up (if someone can list the people so I can thank them, that would be great) as I was too busy playing, but it was awesome to hear you guys cheer during the game. The oohs and ahhs when we almost scored were great! I was glad we gave a good performance that merited everyone's trip out there!

    So when did Ken show up for the game?? Its awesome that he came as I only invited him to come today in the afternoon.

    As Marko said, this is the second championship for James and myself as everyone else on the 2006 team is either gone or did not play this year (makes me feel old!! hehe)

    I'll try to get a video up, but it will take a while. Its recorded in HD video, so the raw data for the whole game is about 40 GB and needs to be edited and compressed.

    And finally....

    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete